Feather pen, Jnr Majestic, The Apache's Arrow

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from mervyn

mervyn

my latest feather pen, Jnr Majestic rohdium rollerball
Hi all, this one's been a night-mare to make, the paint on the tube on the white lower barrel kept on lifting and I had to re-make the lower part of the pen twice until I changed the paint completely, anyway this is the finished result guys. The pen is a Jnr Majestic kit in rhodium.

Please comment, good and bad please! (if I went over the top please tell me)

I'm naming this pen The Apache's Arrow, to me is a little bit of America.

The Feathers and materials in the picture are what's been used, Grizzly saddle, dyed red Amherst pheasant tail, natural (BLACK AND WHITE) Amherst pheasant tail, red flat tinsel and some black flat tinsel, with black and white painted tubes. OH and a lot of swearing!

maj-04.jpg

maj-01.jpg

Thanks guys

Mervyn

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wood-of-1kind

Excellent work and results, I particularly like how you have "wrapped" the red and black tinsel to keep the feathers aligned. I like to use clear "fishing tackle" thread to wrap up the feathers for easier casting.

mervyn

Thank you guys I appreciate your nice comments, I have another one waiting in the mold hopefully it will come out the same now that I have overcome some paint issues.

Thanks again guys

Merv

OK This is a stickup........I am a bad ass cop...........hand that pen right over to me!!!!!!!!!!! WOWWWWWWWWWWW.........smashing.............my favorite colors!!!!!!!!!!!

mervyn

Cinda you would have to shoot me in the backside and run very fast to steal this pen,

Great post.

Cheers for the very nice comments guys.

Merv

Jgrden

I love the string on the top barrel and how it is wrapped around it. The colors are stunning.

You have a winner.

Freethinker

"over the top"..............??!?

Never!

That has to be one of the sweetest pens I have seen lately.

Great execution, really interesting concept. The red wrappings at the ends are the perfect touch.

Bravo.

mervyn

I appreciate all of your comments, thans a lot guys.

I have got a few more crazy ideas jumping around in this head of mine.

Merv

Penl8the

Wow!!! Nicely done, Mervyn. Great feather combination/design. The the black and white grizzly saddle and the red amherst are perfect match with the pen.

mervyn

Thanks Branden, basically I went shopping for the Amherst tails and a few other bits too because I had used what I had on the two blanks that where faulty, and then had seen the grizzly saddle hanging there and I just had to have it!!.

Nice to hear from ya Branden.

Merv

mervyn

To be honest with you all I didn't expect to get all these very nice replies and comments, my wife said I might have gone overboard a little, yer and I said to her why have you left the sink unattended???
How dare she!!
many many thanks again guys, really!!

I have just cast another one, I had better have two of these for my craft fair.:smile-big::smile-big:

Merv

Top Bottom