:mad-tongue:

So close to being done too!

Attachments

• BlownFeather1.jpg
    BlownFeather1.jpg
    194.5 KB · Views: 381
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SteveJ

Steve, is that one of our blanks made by Marla? If so let me know and we will replace it at no charge.

I got an email saying that you have sent a replacement. I thank you very much. I did not however, expect you to do that, and I certainly didn't post this to indicate that something was wrong with the blank. I believe the blow up was my fault and not yours.

I am sorry if posting this was taken in any way to be critical of either Classic Nib or Marla's blanks.

Sending a replacement blank is far above and beyond my expectations. Thank you.

SteveJ

I was using a carbide tool, one with the slight curve (not round). I was pretty square to the blank, flat on the tool rest and just at the center line. The blank had turned beautifully and I had just gotten to the bushings, so was "evening out" the blank when I blew it up. I turn between centers on a Shopsmith. In retrospect, I should probably have sanded down the slight ridges I felt instead of using the carbide tool at that point.

Last edited:

OKLAHOMAN

Steve, is that one of our blanks made by Marla? If so let me know and we will replace it at no charge.

I got an email saying that you have sent a replacement. I thank you very much. I did not however, expect you to do that, and I certainly didn't post this to indicate that something was wrong with the blank. I believe the blow up was my fault and not yours.

I am sorry if posting this was taken in any way to be critical of either Classic Nib or Marla's blanks.

Sending a replacement blank is far above and beyond my expectations. Thank you.

Steve, nothing to be sorry about, we at Classic's are happy to replace the blank as we give a 100% guarantee, no questions asked. We only require a photo and to be honest some of the reply's to the post gave us a much needed laugh today.
Just keep dealing with the Vendors here at the IAP as all of us will treat you as family.

Top Bottom