Faux Granite with flakes

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from randywa

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SDB777

Good idea to utilize the flakes leftover from doing the garage! Can only imagine what else hasn't been thrown out that can be stuck on a pen blank......hmmmm?

Very cool idea!

Scott (good on you!) B

MartinPens

Wow. That does look like Corian! I like it. Very nice color. You should make some of those up and offer them in the classifieds here on the forum. Is it difficult to turn?

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner

randywa

It seems to like really sharp tools. I got the faux granite from Wood-n-Whimsies. I'm not sure if it's powdered granite or not, but it's softer than Tru Stone. The flakes are like a stiff cardboard. I'm thinking of trying a blank with just the flakes.

ElMostro

It seems to like really sharp tools. I got the faux granite from Wood-n-Whimsies. I'm not sure if it's powdered granite or not, but it's softer than Tru Stone. The flakes are like a stiff cardboard. I'm thinking of trying a blank with just the flakes.

If you are going to use flakes only be prepared to use a lot of flakes, once mixed they settle flat. I used up a 1 pound bag of the tan flakes and it yielded 6 full size blanks. Once turned the tan ones almost looked like feathers.

Top Bottom