Faulty Design????

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from creativewriting

A while back I was burning out some old kits and had this idea. It was a play on "inside out" (bone & hyde...get it). The grip is simulated leather (polymer clay) and the cap faux ivory (polymer clay). I like the result except for the extra shine the flash added. My wife on the other hand doesn't care for it.

Comments and criticism welcome.

4036521711_a1701098a5.jpg

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Thanks for the comments and honest opinions. I can see the point on the cap, but here is my logic for such. I have done some pens with laces going all the way up both the grip and cap. The pens have been well received, but my issue is that when you close the pen you have to make a special effort to get the laces to match up. Not a big deal and once you get the hang of it you know exactly how to put the cap on. So on this pen I wanted a design that you could simply screw on not worring about the alignment and have a nervous breakdown when the laces aren't in a straight line....or maybe that is just my neurosis talking:eek:!

Texatdurango

Please don't shoot the messenger but........

Why on earth is such a nice blank on such a cheap kit? Those blanks should be on much nicer kits, at the very least a Baron or Jr Gent!

I think a hidden clip would look fabulous on that cap rather than the black dome but that's just me.

Now you're really getting my interest and curiosity up with that wood grain look!

George the kits are a result of my early stupidity. When I was first getting started I ordered a bunch of these thinking they were "high-end" (compared to a cheap slim that I was used to). Nothing against slims, but I was using the PSI funline $1 a piece slims. Now I am using then up to test designs and experiment with. I am almost out of them (2 years later) and I completely agree with your comments.

Last edited:

workinforwood

If you made the cap the same color as the pen, you could have the cap with a seam that angles around the pen and no need for the string ties. The spiraling leather look will not matter how it is posted.

bgibb42

I like the lower barrel as well. Neat idea, too, but how about an upper barrel that was partially exposed bone covered by the faux leather hide so the concept is a little more apparent?

Top Bottom