Fathers Day Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wyone

wyone

I made this for my Father for Fathers' day. I have had a section of apple wood from a tree that was at his parents farm. I have no idea how old the tree was, but I have had this section of wood for at least 20-25 years so I think it was dry. :)

Attachments

• Dad Fathers Day 2015 Apple Tree 2.jpg
    Dad Fathers Day 2015 Apple Tree 2.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 156
  • Dad Fathers Day 2015 Apple Tree.jpg
    Dad Fathers Day 2015 Apple Tree.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 123
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Hi Mitch.

I also made of pen for a favored family elder recently. The pen is actually fairly irrelevant; the gesture and meaning is vastly more important. But... GREAT pen!

wyone

Mark... my sentiments exactly. Dad is 84... and was raised on that farm and it was a part of his life for well more years that I know like 70+..... I had had that section of limb forever and it was badly checked and cracked, but I was determined to find enough to make a pen out of, and I did. Actually enough for more than one, so I think I should make myself one, and probably one for my Sister and Brother. We spent pretty much every Sunday there.

Cwalker935

I like using woods with some sort of connection. Very special. Hope you do not mind a suggestion on your photography, keep a rag on hand to wipe off finger prints. You have a prominent one in your first photo.

wyone

My photography skills suck to put it mildly. LOL ANY constructive criticism is ALWAYS welcome regarding the photography or any other aspect. I was hurrying to do this picture as I forgot to take pics of the last pens I made. I really need to get a real camera to take the pics as these are cell phone pics. Plus better lighting. We are moving the end of the month and I will have an entire basement to set up my shop, so I am thinking that I need to set up a regular area to take pics that I can get leave set up. Thank you for the suggestion. :) :) Honesty is the only thing that helps me improve my skills.

Top Bottom