Fat Daddy

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from dgscott

dgscott

This is a kitless FP made from an alumilite blank I purchased with metallic swirls. The clip was lifted from a cigar kit. C&C welcome.
Doug

Attachments

• custom swirl2.jpg
    custom swirl2.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 220
  • custom swirl3.jpg
    custom swirl3.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 165
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bgibb42

That's a beautiful blank. A very nice pen overall, with one critique. The shoulder of the front section (looks like it's from an El Grande) doesn't appear to be seated all the way down in the lower barrel. Otherwise, a excellent piece of work!

dgscott

The nib, feeder and section are from Berea. I unscrewed it a little because the pen kept rolling while I was photographing it, and I wanted to show off that swirl on the underside.
Doug

IPD_Mrs

Here is a neat trick to keep pens from rolling when photographing them. Take a post it note and use your thumb to roll the sticky off of the paper. The little gummy piece can then be used to hold the pen in place while taking the photograph. Also some jumk mail has this stuff on them to hold it folded while being mailed. It will work as well. Personally I prefer the post it notes because it is just the right amount without making the pen sit weird.

Also the pen is great looking. Love the blank.

Top Bottom