Fat boy!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Marc Phillips

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marc Phillips

Osage Orange chrome cigar... decided to try some whooopdedooos... and man, it came out so fat!

I am gonna try and find some much smaller wire for burning... I think a tiny line left by a smaller wire would look a lot better... plus making the overall pen a lot smaller... I gotta learn subtlety!

I had a lot of fun though... and that's what counts :)

<center>
OsageOrangeCigar.jpg
</center>

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wood-of-1kind

Marc, that is more like a billie club rather than a fat boy. The shape and burn rings are nice but this baby needs to slim down and lose the extra tonnage.

-Peter-[:)]

Marc Phillips

Originally posted by wood-of-1kind
<br />Marc, that is more like a billie club rather than a fat boy. The shape and burn rings are nice but this baby needs to slim down and lose the extra tonnage.

ROFL!!

I'll tell ya, the funniest thing about all of this is that I don't notice anything until I assemble the pen! ... then it's "holey smokes, this thing is HUGE!" Guess that comes with experience eh... being able to kinda tell what the pen will look like before you stop turning [:D]

Funny stuff...

It'll make a good gag gift.... [:p]

DaveM

For finer burning wire, make friends with a guitar player, and get their cast off strings. "E" and "B" strings will cover the finer end of the size range.
(High E, that is. The Low E string gets pretty big!)
Dave

Originally posted by DaveM
<br />For finer burning wire, make friends with a guitar player, and get their cast off strings. "E" and "B" strings will cover the finer end of the size range.
Dave

Or try the wire from a twist wrap. [;)]

redfishsc

Originally posted by Marc Phillips
<br />Osage Orange chrome cigar... decided to try some whooopdedooos...

And I would have to say, goal accomplished!

For a one-time pen, maybe as a show-off pen, I think it looks fantastic. I wouldn't care to try to write with it, at least more than once, lol, but it sure looks nice to me.

Marc Phillips

Originally posted by Blind_Squirrel
<br />
Originally posted by DaveM
<br />For finer burning wire, make friends with a guitar player, and get their cast off strings. "E" and "B" strings will cover the finer end of the size range.
Dave

Or try the wire from a twist wrap. [;)]

Hey, it worked! [:D]

Thanks for the tip... the next pen looked a lot better with the smaller burn lines...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom