"Fanz"

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from akbar24601

akbar24601

Here is a new pattern I was trying out. I am pleased with the end result and will definitely do it again. I have learned a few things from it. Also, next time I may try to find more contrast between blank and veneer.

This is Sapele with 3 Veneers on an Chrome Navigator. BLO/CA finish.

Thank you for looking. All comments are welcome and appreciated.

Attachments

• Fanz - Navigator - Sapele with 3 Veneers.jpg
    Fanz - Navigator - Sapele with 3 Veneers.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 316
  • Fanz - Open - Sapele with 3 Veneers.jpg
    Fanz - Open - Sapele with 3 Veneers.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 192
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Very cool!!!!:biggrin: I think that you and Keith ( VisExp ) must be related:wink:
Nicely done Steve.

PR_Princess

Very cool!!!!:biggrin: I think that you and Keith ( VisExp ) must be related:wink:
Nicely done Steve.

I think that they must be clones!!!:eek::biggrin:

I love the sweeping lines and the multi color veneers one this one! Very very cool!!! :tongue:

Last edited:

alphageek

Former Moderator
Very Cool steve... I'd love to see it in the combination I use for celtic crosses... Curly maple for a pen base, then dyed bright color veneers.

Rollerbob

You guys that come up with this type of work are amazing. Just gotta wonder, do you have to segment each part of your brain to visualize this stuff!!

OKLAHOMAN

Must be something in the water down there in sunny Florida, and when I lived there I just didn't drink enough...

Last edited:

VisExp

Watch your rear view mirror Keith .. someone's gaining on you!

LOL. No Charlie, every time Steve makes one of those @*&#$@# 360 degree herring bone designs, I'm left choking on his dust :biggrin:

Steve, the pen looks great. I'm guessing there are 6 cuts on each of two sides of the blank? I'd try it without rotating the blank 90. Just six cuts on one side.

akbar24601

Thank you all for your very kind words!!!

Nicely done Steve.

Well duh Steve! Of course we're related, we both live in FL don't we!!! LOL

Watch your rear view mirror Keith .. someone's gaining on you!

Nope Charlie! Keith is in a league of his own! I love the work that he does and can only strive to do so well.

Very Cool steve... I'd love to see it in the combination I use for celtic crosses... Curly maple for a pen base, then dyed bright color veneers.

That's a good idea Dean. The Maple would definitely show everything off nicely. Using dyed bright color veneers may be a little out of my comfort zone, but life is all about change and trying new things. Do you dye the veneer yourself or do you buy it pre-dyed?

Steve, the pen looks great. I'm guessing there are 6 cuts on each of two sides of the blank? I'd try it without rotating the blank 90. Just six cuts on one side.

Good guess Keith! This blank actually has 5 cuts per side on 3 sides. Perhaps I will try it on an 4 sided blank and only cut 2 sides. To cut only 1 side the design would be boring and uneventful.

Top Bottom