Fantastic Amboyna, JrGent

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from MikeL

MikeL

Been a while since I have posted a photo. I have not stopped making pens but have been busy. I could not resist showing off this heavily burled piece of amboyna. I really like burls but amboyna has always been my favorite. This one is the best piece of amboyna I have been able to get my hands on. I have one more left and hope it is just as nice. Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• JrGentAmboynaIAP1.jpg
    JrGentAmboynaIAP1.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 340
  • JrGentAmboynaIAP.jpg
    JrGentAmboynaIAP.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 321
  • JrGentAmboynaIAP2.jpg
    JrGentAmboynaIAP2.jpg
    158.4 KB · Views: 243
  • JrGentAmboynaIAP3.jpg
    JrGentAmboynaIAP3.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 208
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MikeL

Very nice Mike. How many coats of ??? Do you have on there.

Lin

Thanks.

It is about 10-12 coats of CA. Turned the body below bushing size slightly, built back up with CA above bushing size, sanded back down to bushing size. Maybe 7-8 coats when completed? BTW, I use odorless CA because regular messes with my sinuses. Odorless seems to not give me a reaction for anyone interested that may have the same issue.

OZturner

Beautiful Timber, Magnificant Pen and Great Finish, Love it.
Such tight burl eyes, trully beautiful.

BTW, on IAP2.JPG, is that a line in the timber, along the mid point radiating length wise, or is it an optical illusion or something with the light, closeup, reflection, or what ever?

J_B

Mike, simply fantastic! I have severe asthma and CA wreaks havoc with my lungs. Where do you purchase your odorless CA?

MikeL

Mike, simply fantastic! I have severe asthma and CA wreaks havoc with my lungs. Where do you purchase your odorless CA?

Thank you. The post just prior to yours answers the CA question-Exotic Blanks. Thanks

Top Bottom