Family pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ohiococonut

ohiococonut

We will be getting together for my sisters anual luau next month and I thought I'd give them a pen since they don't even know I've started to turn them. The two on the left are for my sisters and made from Buckeye Burl. The two on the right are for my brothers and made from Amboyna. The same Amboyna I used for the commissioned job. I sell a few but I have much more fun turning them and giving them away :biggrin:

BrothersAmboyna-1.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

gawdelpus

Passed Away May 11, 2015
In Memoriam
Beautiful pens and sure to be well recived :), just be aware that the link on the crystals is not very secure and they seperate from the pen very easily :( ,just check and close them slightly with small pliers usually sorts it though , well done indeed . Cheers John

ToddMR

We will be getting together for my sisters anual luau next month and I thought I'd give them a pen since they don't even know I've started to turn them. The two on the left are for my sisters and made from Buckeye Burl. The two on the right are for my brothers and made from Amboyna. The same Amboyna I used for the commissioned job. I sell a few but I have much more fun turning them and giving them away :biggrin:

I think the pens look awesome! And your last comment is EXACTLY how I feel too. I have been on the receiving end too from IAP and its always great to see another IAP member turn out some great looking pens to give to someone. Well done on all 4.

ohiococonut

Beautiful pens and sure to be well recived :), just be aware that the link on the crystals is not very secure and they seperate from the pen very easily :( ,just check and close them slightly with small pliers usually sorts it though , well done indeed . Cheers John

This is the first time I've turned these and I looked at what you're talking about. Yes, they do need to be closed up a little. Thanks for the tip :wink:

Top Bottom