The Family Farm

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Charlie_W

Charlie_W

This is a result of meeting Patty Sole at MAPG 2013 in Richmond, VA. Using a photo that my daughter took of the old family farm, Patty painted the tube and cast it. I finished the pen and used a Zen kit from CSUSA.

Attachments

• IMG_0001.jpg
    IMG_0001.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 442
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Tom T

Wow that is wow. Her work and your work look great together.
I also was at the meeting and I was amazed at what she could do.

suffolk.reef

Great Looking Pen

Sweet!!!!!!!!!

Anyone notice the man in the image gone!

I was the first thing my eyes went too. It is the little things that I pick up right away.

A great looking pen, I am thinking of contacting here for a special project as well.

Charlie_W

Thanks for the kind words. Patty did a fantastic job on this pen. That is what makes it pop.

As for Mr. Crow, He is a newbie! We never had a scarecrow in my days there. I wanted the pen to look like I remembered it. My parents sold the farm in the late 80's. There is now a very nice restaurant on the property and have a walking path to the barns. They stabilized/restored the barns, are growing their herbs behind the barn (which you see in the pic)((the barnyard side! :eek:)). They also have bee hives and have special occasion dinners in the barn. It is very nicely done.
I will soon post a pic of the farm we have from the 70's. At that time, a neighboring farmer was only putting in crops. They stopped milking some years before that.
Thanks again, It is a special pen!

Bill Sampson

Charlie,
Beautiful pen. I am amazed at the talent Patty has in capturing details on a small scale. I talked to her last week and she was excited about painting this blank for you. You also did a great job on the pen.

Shortly after the MAPG, I received a pen blank from Patty that had a portrait of me, painted on the blank. She took a picture at the MAPG and used it to paint the blank. I cannot seem to get decent pictures, but when I can get one done, I will post. She also painted a pen blank and an oil painting of a barn that has been in my family for generations.

Glad you like her work.

Bill Sampson, Richmond

Charlie_W

Shortly after the MAPG, I received a pen blank from Patty that had a portrait of me, painted on the blank. She took a picture at the MAPG and used it to paint the blank. I cannot seem to get decent pictures, but when I can get one done, I will post. She also painted a pen blank and an oil painting of a barn that has been in my family for generations.

Glad you like her work.

Bill Sampson, Richmond

Many thanks Bill, I am anxious to see those pens. Yes, Patty does great work.

PS: I tried out the french polish finish we spoke about. It seems to be working nicely. I did do a number of coats but it looks good. Thanks for your help.

Top Bottom