Fall Gold Leaf

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from spiritwoodturner

S

spiritwoodturner

I did a casting over the weekend based on some stuff I found in a local craft store. It's Gold Leaf, with bits of copper and even some reddish tinted metal leaf of some sort. I added amber transparent Castin' Craft tint and a lot of Pearl-X gold. I wanted to be able to see through the "leaves".

Anyway, stuck a Jr. Gent on it and I really like it. Comments and critiques always welcome!

Thanks,
Dale

Attachments

• iap13.jpg
    iap13.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 368
  • iap14.jpg
    iap14.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 211
  • iap15.jpg
    iap15.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 227
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
S

spiritwoodturner

Keith, I agree 100%. I don't have a single gold kit of any kind left, and CSUSA is out of Titanium Gold in this kit right now. I'm so new at the castings I just want to get them on a kit to see if it works.

I don't think it would be too much gold, I think it's made for a gold kit. Next one, now that I've got this batch down!

Dale

Hugh, just saw your post. I LOVE yours, this stuff just fell in my lap. Too bad I didn't win yours...

hughbie

i would love to take all the credit...but it was my step daughters idea about a year ago. it took a few trys to get it right.

it makes a very unique blank/pen....i like to call it..."Good as Gold' blanks

i really love that 'tri color' leaf too

markgum

these look AWESOME. I need to order some kits for my gold blanks that will be arriving soon. I beleive Gold kits would be the way to go, possibly maybe.. will have to meditate a while as i hold the blanks to see what they "say"

chriselle

I'm going to try this one of these days but not cast it. I'll probably use lacquer. I love the look of the Fender custom shop gold leaf strat (guitar) in white gold leaf. Great looking pen!

OKLAHOMAN

Dale, awesome pen a little over a year ago I started casting gold foil and called them Florintine, still do some, and Chris I did do some non cast and guilded wood and gave a CA finish a lacquer finish HUMMMMMMMMMMMM! sounds good.

Top Bottom