Fake Snake

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from BRobbins629

Status
Not open for further replies.

BRobbins629

Passed Away Dec 28, 2021
In Memoriam
For those looking for a really low cost skin to practice with, I offer the "faux snake skin pen"

2007218213014_fakesnake.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BRobbins629

Passed Away Dec 28, 2021
In Memoriam
Originally posted by kiddo
<br />Pretty cool. Looks kinda metallic. What is it really made of?
Thanks. Photo I downloaded from the internet and printed on label stock. Adhered to tube and cast PR around it. What I am really looking for is a high resolution image. Or with your photoshop skills, maybe you could create one? I sent a pm to Don Ward hoping he will take a good one from his stock. If not, perhaps someone else will and put it in your picture library if that ever develops. Then - anyone can experiment with the process before trying with the real deal.

BRobbins629

Passed Away Dec 28, 2021
In Memoriam
Originally posted by broitblat
<br />Cool idea well rendered! Is there is visible seam in your process?
-Barry
Thanks - seam is there, but barely visible. I've done this with a numbner of photos and if you plan carefully, only you will know its there.

200721932628_seam.jpg
<br />

randbcrafts

I've tried PR casting printed paper on a tube but it has always bled or smeared. I have also tried colored cloth it it does the same thing. Is there something special that you did to the paper to make it not do that? Maybe I'm just doing something wrong.

BRobbins629

Passed Away Dec 28, 2021
In Memoriam
I have made quite a few different pens with printed pictures and photos casting over them both in clear epoxy and clear PR (Castin Craft brand) and have never had an ink bleed or smearing problem. In the past, I printed on photopaper, but most everything I do now is on Avery Ink Jet Label stock (part number 8255). I have never cast over plain paper. I am currently using a low cost HP ink jet printer with the standard cartridges #92 black and #93 color. If you would like, send me a pm and then you could send me what ever file you want to print and I would be happy to print some images and send to you if you want to try again. Or try printing some of the label stock youself. It sure beats trying to use CA to glue paper to the tube.
Originally posted by randbcrafts
<br />I've tried PR casting printed paper on a tube but it has always bled or smeared. I have also tried colored cloth it it does the same thing. Is there something special that you did to the paper to make it not do that? Maybe I'm just doing something wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom