Faith, Hope and Love the greatest of these is Love

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from tgsean

tgsean

G'day,

I wanted to have some special pens for Christmas, so I thought I would try the faith, hope and love series. I really like them. The materials are a burl, (not sure what burl though, found it in a pile of burls), Tasmanian black wood and myrtle. Let me know what you think? Thanks for looking.

Cheers,
Sean

Attachments

• FLH Ball point 1a.jpg
    FLH Ball point 1a.jpg
    170.3 KB · Views: 304
  • FLH Ball point 2a.jpg
    FLH Ball point 2a.jpg
    176.7 KB · Views: 227
  • FLH Ball point 3a.jpg
    FLH Ball point 3a.jpg
    157 KB · Views: 190
  • FLH Ball point 4a.jpg
    FLH Ball point 4a.jpg
    193.9 KB · Views: 168
  • FLH Ball point 5a.jpg
    FLH Ball point 5a.jpg
    223.6 KB · Views: 177
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

tgsean

They are nice kits, thanks everyone for the comments. I think Red gum burl would be a good guess. Its very nice burl. The kits are from Penn State, Charlie is right about that. Thanks

dealpa

I am getting ready to start my first of these kits, this is the firs time I have used a kit with a Parker ink refill. I am not sure how or a what point to insert the mechanism. On the Cross ink refills, the mechanism is easily pressed into the bottom portion of the pen and the refilled drops in and is screwed in place. That does not seem to be the same here. Can anyone clarify this for me?

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Hi Sean: All 3 look wonderful! I have been looking at these kits for my daughter!. I have stocking stuffers for my other 2 sons and "wifey", so these look nice!

Great job on these three!

Be well, Mark

Dan Masshardt

These are really nice Sean. I think others were having problem with three kits?

The fact that you're pleased with the quality makes me more likely to consider trying them

tgsean

Thanks everyone for your comments. I must say that the mechanism is not fantastic. However I really like the look of it.

robutacion

Hi Sean,

I missed this thread when you put it in but, I agreed that, the blank in question, can possibly be one of my #9B Colonial Red Gum Burl blanks, they certainly look very nice.

Most of these blanks/burl have stress cracks throughout, normally fairly even and not too wide, some other are excessively cracked that are ideal for the Resifills and some, do not have a single crack or flaw of any nature, there are about 1% of the yield however, every so often I find a chunk within the burl that has these clean blanks, that are off-course the "gems" that "some" people get...!:wink::biggrin:

I can't say anything about those kits as I never bought one...!

PS: Sean, welcome back mate, we haven't seen you for a while, huh...??:biggrin:

Cheers
George

tgsean

Thanks George, just been very busy mate with work, Christmas parties and the like!! Busy time of the year! I've now had one kit where the mechanism has failed! So I too am not happy about the kit as such.

Top Bottom