Faith, Hope, and Love

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from jennera

jennera

Rebecca has been busy the last few weekends. Here are some Faith, Hope, and Love pens she has turned for Grandma's, Aunts, and a family friend.

I am still working on better photographs...the photo tent helps with lighting a lot! Still playing around with it.

From left to right:
White solid surface countertop material (corian)
Olivewood
Palm
Paduak
Purpleheart

View in Gallery

Any comments and critiques on pens or photography are welcome. Right now she is finishing with Hut PPP as she doesn't care for the plastic appearance of the one CA pen her dad made. Hope she can work on CA or other finishing techniques with her this summer.

Thanks for looking!
Jennifer (mom)

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

eharri446

Having turned palm before, I am amazed at how well her pen came out. Palm is by far the worst blank substance that I have ever turned in my short time as a pen turner.

Congrats on a job well done.

jttheclockman

The fit of the blanks to the kits looks spot on. The finish is a personal choice. If CA is not a finish of choice you may want to look at lacquers. You can go from satin to semi-gloss to high gloss. Lacquers will always give a deep rich look to wood. It does hold up quite well.

robutacion

All pens are nicely done, fit and finish.

The woods used are nice looking apart from the Olive wood blank that is pretty plain, I don't know where you got if from but you can do a lot better with some Aussie Olive wood, you simply have to look for it...!:biggrin::wink:

Your daughter does good work.

Cheers
George

Top Bottom