Fade to Black Majestic

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Brooks803

Brooks803

This one was a happy mistake on my part. I mixed my colors way too early and got this as a result. Turned between centers to see what was inside and really liked it. Decided to throw it on a majestic and turn a replacement for that awful pimp crystal. For that I used a leftover from one of my vintage blue blanks that didn't have any white. I really like what I ended up with. I'm getting much better at turning those clip accents I think. I plan on replacing the nib when I place my next order for some. Finish is MM to 12000 and PlastX polish. Thanks for looking and for any comments/critiques made!

100_2496581x700.jpg
100_2497595x700.jpg
100_2507544x700.jpg

Lovin the closeups!

100_2502700x619.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wizard

Absolutely amazing!! I really like the gradient of hues from one end to another. Awesome job Jonathon!
Could I please get 10 of those mistakes to go.:biggrin:.. Doc

Last edited:

kludge77

I'm a fan of your castings. Some really cool looking blanks. :star:

Almost makes me want to turn some plastic... almost! :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Dan_F

Another beauty. Your blanks are distinguished by the way you gradate the colors, doesn't seem that anyone else is doing that, very nice touch.

Dan

MarkD

Another awesome pen Johnathon! Your work continues to amaze and inspire me.
Maybe someday you will write a tutorial on replacing the "pimp crystal" :biggrin:

OKLAHOMAN

Absolutely beautiful. Your so called mistake turned into a simply stunning work of art and the replaced pimp crystal topped it off.

wiset1

As always, amazing work! I find myself looking for your posts to see the new batch. Can't wait to see what you'll be doing in a couple months from now. Simply amazing partner.

Tanner

That's beautiful! I have to get a couple of those blanks. They are amazing. Nice job on the pen and replacing the pimp crystal. I'm always late in getting those black and blue blanks. They honestly are the most beautiful blanks I've ever seen...and I've seen a lot of blanks.

3Peake

Beautiful pen, great fit and finish with an astounding blank. Your cast are outstanding and I wish I could get mine even half as good as yours:)
When are they going into exotics for sale?

Brooks803

Thanks again everyone. I've got something curing right now and we'll see if I can recreate the look again. Until then...we'll just have to hope I screw up more often! These blanks are so difficult to know what's inside bc of how they are poured. This was the blank prior to turning, you'd never know what it would end up like until I turned into it a bit first:

884531421_photobucket_62646_.jpg

Another awesome pen Johnathon! Your work continues to amaze and inspire me.
Maybe someday you will write a tutorial on replacing the "pimp crystal" :biggrin:

I think I can do that. I've done a live demo on it for my chapter meeting. I guess I can take some pictures next time I go to make one of these.

Absolutely beautiful. Your so called mistake turned into a simply stunning work of art and the replaced pimp crystal topped it off.

That's an honor coming from you Sir :biggrin:

Top Bottom