ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
slow news day.

200572194618_july%202%20003.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

leehljp

Member Liaison
Great looking and interesting pen. Wonder how it would look with a red CB to enchance the red that is already there. Might not do anything for the pen and might distract too, but just curious. Or maybe a dark gray or black CB.

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
Lee-
Often I don't put CB's on my pens.What I used here was a nylon spacer so I didn't glue both blanks together.This pen was don't in whimsy to see if an idea worked.It did and it will probably not stay in this configuration.It was basically a test.
To others.
Yes CA glue is used the same as in my denim pens.Sine there is a layer of Ca between each "layer" of paper and the paper is wound larger than the bushings,I am turning off a stabilized paper, not just an out coating.
It doesn't take as much glue as you maight think.
It doesn't take much imagination either.[:D]

Gary Max

Eaglesc great job on the pen---a good use of newspaper since they seldom bring any good news might as well tear them up and make pens out of them. Wonder what color comics would look like??????

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
"Wonder what color comics would look like??????"

I guess we won't know unless someone tries it and I wasn't wondering about comics at this time, maybe later.This was just a time killer while other projects are in "design phase".

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
Originally posted by Bev Polmanteer
<br />Great job/idea Eagle! How about the funnies, I'l bet they would make a colorful one! Also the shredded currency![:D] Or even a $2 bill!
HMMM where have Iheard that before?
Oh yeah
Originally posted by Ron in Drums PA
<br />Interesting

I just did a google and found real shredded US Currency. That would make a neat pen.

Originally posted by Gary Max
<br />Eaglesc great job on the pen---a good use of newspaper since they seldom bring any good news might as well tear them up and make pens out of them. Wonder what color comics would look like??????

"Wonder what color comics would look like??????"

I guess we won't know unless someone tries it and I wasn't wondering about comics at this time, maybe later.This was just a time killer while other projects are in "design phase".

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
Originally posted by GregD
<br />Eagle,
What did you use for the center band? That's not plastic from a pop bottle is it?
Actually that pen was a time killer while while working on other things.
It will probably be dismanlted and /or remade.
The CB in that pen is a piece of the stuff they use for bread boards.(HDLW or something like that.)I use it when I am going to use CA for a finish so I don't "stick" the halves together.Normally I use wax paper but in this case I wanted a little more"protection"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom