Experimental Zen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from bensoelberg

bensoelberg

After reading the thread about experimenting before asking questions, I decided to try some things that I'd never done before. So, here is my first Zen, my first attempt at segmenting the length of a pen, my first use of aluminum can (grape soda, for those who are curious) and my first attempt at using a camera other than my cell phone. I'm not sure what the woods are, but if I had to guess I'd say cedar and walnut. I received a box of random cut off pieces in the mail about a month ago and decided to see what I could do with them. I took a skinny piece of the walnut and sanded it down on my disc sander into a wedge shape, then layered it with the aluminum, then glued a couple of strips of cedar to the outside. Drilled on the lathe. (It still came out a little crooked, but it was more accurate than what I had been getting with my drill press.) CA finish. Comments and critiques welcome.

Attachments

• segment zen1.JPG
    segment zen1.JPG
    61 KB · Views: 185
  • segmentzen2.JPG
    segmentzen2.JPG
    62.9 KB · Views: 184

maxman400

It came out great for your first, One thing I do to help make sure it is centered is find the center of your segment then turn the blank round between centers, then drill on the lathe.

Top Bottom