bonsaibill

2007101714243_Seg%201.jpg

two sides

2007101714359_Seg%202.jpg

other two sides

Not perfect but interesting.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

davidrei

Personally, I think sock monkeys RULE! But seriously, this is a great looking design. My only suggestion for improvement is that the plain lower barrel seems out of sync with the upper barrel. I wouldn't repeat the upper barrel on the lower, that would be too complicated (visually speaking). But I think the lower barrel would fit much better with the upper if you put in some simple, small bands of the contrasting wood used in the glue-up.

But i could be all wrong [:D]

alxe24

I like it too. I agree with Davidrei I would do some minor "[:eek:)]something" in the lower barrel to add some punch to it. Not so much though to compete or distract from the great upper portion.
Also It looks like to much work for a slim. Don't be shooting at me know. I'd try it on a bigger thicker pen there is more surface to show and if your intention is to sell it you could yield a better return on a different kit.
Congrats.

bonsaibill

Thanks for the feedback. I really did this to see if my idea and technique would work. I will try a larger pen now. It isn't near as work as it looks like. I will do a tutorial if this pans out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom