Experimental pour....Baron rollerball

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from SDB777

SDB777

Been playing in the mica powder again....

Can honestly saying this is probably not the right hardware for this blank, but not like I can try it on before....is there an APP for that yet? Kit plating for your turned blank....hmmmmm?

Anyway, this is for today. Reverse painted the blank Cherry Red and used normal turning tech....

DSC01052.jpg

DSC01051.jpg

DSC01053.jpg

DSC01054.jpg

Oh well, thanks for looking! Thoughts about the color combo?

Scott

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SDB777

I believe the red is over-the-top due to the reverse painting of the blank the brighter colored cherry red from the rattlecan(BTW, rattlecan reverse painting of a blank is a messy way to do things-get yourself a glove...DAMHIKT:biggrin:)

I believe the mica powder used was the Blushing Rose, while it is intense, I don't think it would have been like this if black or some other color were used inside the blank?

Thanks, I like the red too.....hard to misplace something that is screaming "I'm right here!"

Scott

MarkY

I don't know that chrome isn't the best hardware for that blank... IMHO gold wouldn't work at all.
Maybe black Ti or gun metal would be nice...
Great pen

Really nice Scott.

I drilled and reverse painted(for the first time) 3 of your blanks tonight. Will be posting them maybe tomorrow? I keep looking at your site for more pours...

Top Bottom