Experiment

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from DavidSpavin

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidSpavin

2007101283937_Experiment.jpg

Do the inlays along the length add anything[?] and should I have continued them on to the top section [?]

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

leehljp

Member Liaison
I have been searching for a 1 mm carbide blade to do just that and found one today. I have been going by a dinky looking hardware store for 3 1/2 years and never stopped. Today I did and they had the first 1 mm carbide blades that I have seen in Japan. 5 in (125 mm) diameter blades. I have been looking for it to make stripes and for doing thin knots similar to yours.

I can find lots of material in 1 mm thickness here (and different colors) and for that reason have been looking for the 1 mm blade.

Your stripes: I think a stronger contrast and/or different color will help. Great precision alignments! Great!

Russianwolf

As someone has mentioned before, "there is a person for every pen" while you may not like it, there is likely someone out there who will love it.

I think the stripes should continue to the upper barrel.

maxwell_smart007

Lead Moderator
Staff member
middle of nowhere in the great, white North
I think if you copied the knot in the top, it would get too busy...I like it on the bottom section only...

But I DO like the inlay lines. It would have tied both halves together, however, if it was continued through the top as well. Just my opinion!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom