An expensive slim

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from beck3906

beck3906

I showed this in another thread but wanted to get it here as some folks don't read all forums. Not really a slim....it's a comfort from PSI. May change out the clip. Didn't have any gold ti slims to use.

Blanks from CaptG. He had a great time making this one. The pucker factor was really high turning this one.

Attachments

• Slim-Steampunk-1.jpg
    Slim-Steampunk-1.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 664
  • Slim-Steampunk-2.jpg
    Slim-Steampunk-2.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 532
  • Slim-Steampunk-3.jpg
    Slim-Steampunk-3.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 426
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SDB777

Can only imagine the amount of time prepping those pieces before the pour....super thin!

Well done!!!!!

Scott (grinding, grinding, and more grinding) B

toyotaman

I have to say this is an AWESOME pen and yes, it looks like it could be expensive too. I've made tons of slims and this is pretty much a slim, and I know when you turn a regular blank down to size there is not much meat left on the brass (1/16) or less. How do you get the parts on there and still make it so thin? I sure do wish someone would walk through the process (with pictures) from start to finish. Start with the brass tube and go from there. That would help alot.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
I showed this in another thread but wanted to get it here as some folks don't read all forums. Not really a slim....it's a comfort from PSI. May change out the clip. Didn't have any gold ti slims to use.

Blanks from CaptG. He had a great time making this one. The pucker factor was really high turning this one.
In your other post, I said that I thought a $200/$300 7mm would more likely be a Streamline, Comfort or Designer - after seeing this, I'll stick with that guess.... great looking pen.

beck3906

In your other post, I said that I thought a $200/$300 7mm would more likely be a Streamline, Comfort or Designer - after seeing this, I'll stick with that guess.... great looking pen.

I needed a small amount of extra clearance to get over the parts so I used the comfort. It got a bit dicey around the tip. CaptG left me a small amount of clear space on the ends to help with the transition to the tip.

ToddMR

You did a great job turning that blank to size. I would be a nervous wreck trying to turn something like that. Capt.G made another great blank and you turned it well. Personally I would go for another clip without the ball end. That's just me though.

Rick P

"someone was asking yesterday what it would take to make a $250-300 slim line. guess this answers that question."

Walrus ivory and fossil whale bone with no expossed metal parts.....I have posted pic's of it more than once. Made for a regular of mine.

AlexanderE

can any body tell me how you put a schmidt made twist mechanism in a pen,what are the thread screws for,do i need a "tap" to make threads? what size brass tubing should i use? I've only used twist mechanisms in the slim line pens, and those you just pressure push to install

Top Bottom