Exotic Diplomats

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from bitshird

bitshird

Here are two I did yesterday while Andrew slaved over the lathe. first is a Chrome and Gunmetal Diplomat pen from Exotic Blanks dressed in a piece of Red Mallee Burl that was obtained form a trade with one of the Fantastic Gents from Down Under Troy, (Aussie turner)
The second is just a piece of some plain old run of the mill Amboyna Burl, with just a hint of sapwood wrapped around another wonderful Diplomat kit from Ed and Dawn at Exotic blanks only this one is in Gold and Gunmetal, these kits are beautiful and seem every bit as good as their more expensive counterparts. Thanks Ed and Dawn for making these available for us.
Thanks for looking and critiques and comments are encouraged, just be kind I cry easily :crying::crying:

Attachments

• Red-Mallee-Burl-Diplomat-1.jpg
    Red-Mallee-Burl-Diplomat-1.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 244
  • Red-Mallee-Burl-Diplomat2.jpg
    Red-Mallee-Burl-Diplomat2.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 166
  • Amboyna-Diplomat.jpg
    Amboyna-Diplomat.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 243
  • Amboyna-Diplomat-2.jpg
    Amboyna-Diplomat-2.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 171
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bitshird

Very nice Ken...did you use a woodchuck?
Mike aka Moke

Mike I did in fact use my woodchuck to turn them with, sanded them to 600 dry, put on 3 coats of thin CA and then 4 coats of Medium CA, let them sit over night, wet sanded through 1000 then polished them wit Novus from MLK, the stuff is great on any thing plastic or Acrylic, and it's not expensive compared to Mc'Guires.

shawnmhill

No need for the "water works". Very nice work. I like working with woods vice acrylics. The style is always there when you put it on right kits which you nailed!

Top Bottom