Exibition grade black afzelia burl with pics/video!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from CharlesH

CharlesH

Hey there,

Just turned some really fine afzelia burl. I got these a while ago, nice sticks of 1x1x8" and I got them stabilized.

This particular piece has spalting lines, really dark colors, a nice red dot, a really colorful one! :)

The last image is a short video showing the grain, .MOV format it weights around 30 megs, it's quite a bit, any of you out there has a suggestion for converting it to MPG/XVID quickly without using a bloated software?

Thanks and comments welcomed,

Charles

Side one

Side two

Video of the finish/grain

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bitshird

Charles, I've heard of some Afzelia burl being like that, but yours is the first I think I've seen, truly a stunning piece of wood, and I love Afzelia any way.

mrburls

Charles, Very beautiful burl design and splalt in blank. Well done sir.

I like your video of pen turning showing all sides.

Keith "mrburls"

Rick_G

That's what I would call a great looking pen and finish.

Here's a link to some video conversion software I use. I'ts likely not the fastest but it is free and does a good job. I use it mainly for converting utube video to avi or mpg to save. Works well an did I mention it's free. It is called format factor and you can download it here.

http://www.pcfreetime.com/

boxerman

Wow nice pen. That is cool on how you click on your pictures it gets bigger
and you see the pen blank bigger. Is that a program you have on your computer?

Last edited:

CharlesH

I am using the forum commands to assign the thumbnail picture as a hyperlink to the bigger picture hosted on my site. :)

Charles

Wow nice pen. That is cool on how you click on your pictures it gets bigger
and you see the pen blank bigger. Is that a program you have on your computer?

Skye

Obviously gorgeous pen but I gotta ask.... what the *#$$ is up with that torn up finger on the last pic?!

fernhills

Your pens are great, no doubt about it. However you should not see trees in the hardware of your photo. If you want i can send you an Acrylic pen stand and couple sheets of card stock.

Padre

Your pens are great, no doubt about it. However you should not see trees in the hardware of your photo. If you want i can send you an Acrylic pen stand and couple sheets of card stock.

I had to go back and look at the pics, I did not see the trees or anything other than the wood the first time I looked. :rolleyes:

CharlesH

Thanks for the honest critique! :)

Several times I have been told I should pay more attention to the pictures and here is the opportunity to improve. I would gladly pay the fees if you could set me a photography kit. :)

I will wait for your PM!

Thanks,

Charles

CharlesH

Hey Willee,

Thank you very for the comment! I have seen your cues/pens you make fantastic work! While you may think other wood is not as spectacular, to my eye you create much more value while inlaying woods, your level of creativity is at a higher level. I have done little and really simple inlay, it takes patience!!!

I would be interested in sending you some of my wood so you could inlay some to your liking (I have some really nice pieces in my private stash, hehehe.)

And if you feel like it, you could make me a Aero blank which I would turn. (same size as this pen, roughly 2.25" long)

I would really like to have a pen inlayed by you in my collection. :)

Feel free to PM me if you have any interest in my proposition and we will discuss what suit you best. ;)

Thanks,

Charles

WOW ... with wood like that who needs inlays or watch parts.

That is one of the most beautiful wood pens I have ever seen posted.

Top Bottom