Exibition grade afzelia burl and cocobolo burl!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from CharlesH

CharlesH

Hey guys,

Here, some of my finest woods! They gave me a headache. The afzelia was filled with voids, when I thought it was finished I threw it on the floor and I had to start over because it got chipped!!!

The cocobolo, I had to refinish it 3 times due to finish breaking when removing the tube off the bushings! What a pain!! But the efforts were worth it!

Clicky the thumbnails and comments welcomed!

Charles

Black and white afzelia burl

Cocobolo burl

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

chigdon

Those are both awesome. I have a good supply of afzelia that is that nice or close but that cocobolo is insane. I have rarely seen DIW burl that nice! Awesome!

LarryDNJR

Hey guys,

Here, some of my finest woods! The gave me a headache. The afzelia was filled with voids, when I thought it was finished I threw it on the floor and I had to start over because it got chipped!!!

The cocobolo, I had to refinish it 3 times due to finish breaking when removing the tube off the bushings! What a pain!! But the efforts were worth it!

Clicky the thumbnails and comments welcomed!

Charles

Black and white afzelia burl

Cocobolo burl

Very nice! I like them both but the Afzelia is my favorite of the two!

bitshird

That is one of the most unusual Afzelia Burls I've seen, and the Coco is way over the top, very nice job on the turning, finishing and the pictures, The Afzelia really intrigues me, I've never seen it in a color any where near that, it is incredible. By the way I hope your head ache goes away, if not send me the pens and call a Doctor in the morning.

CharlesH

Hahaha, I'll send you one of my afzelia pens if something goes wrong. ;)

I had the chance of buying that afzelia off one of my seller he only has 2 pieces in his private stash. I was lucky enough to convince him to sell them to me. ;)

Charles

That is one of the most unusual Afzelia Burls I've seen, and the Coco is way over the top, very nice job on the turning, finishing and the pictures, The Afzelia really intrigues me, I've never seen it in a color any where near that, it is incredible. By the way I hope your head ache goes away, if not send me the pens and call a Doctor in the morning.

Top Bottom