Exfoliating Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Cwalker935

Cwalker935

While taking a shower a few weeks ago I noticed one of my wife's loofahs and thought, I could cast that. So I did, in looking at the archives it appears that this has been done before but no one has shown one for a while. I like it and it exfoliates your fingers when you write.

image.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Oh, how bored you are... Looking for casting materials in the shower :eek:

Cody, I'm worried about you! I fear for you when you need to take out the garbage, mow the lawn, prune your eyebrows... Just because you CAN cast it, doesn't mean you should cast it...

Very bizarre Cody! Pretty, but bizarre.

Ok, truthfully, I love the pattern. Not sure I want to fleece my wife's shower stuff... You are brave!

Berea had some cast coconut a while back; this kind of looks like it.

Be well, Mark

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
How did you explain the missing Loofah?

Cat ate it. Nasty hair ball.

Cast a hair ball...
That's about as disgusting as Curtis' cat poop pen.

Ooohhh, don't give Cody Ideas; he is hurting already. But, I know a few cat lovers.

Also , speaking of Curtis. A hair ball blank may look similar to his "prickly pear blanks." And may be less work to get the dirt/etc cleaned out...

OZturner

Ignore those Earlier Critical Comments, on your Loofa Blank. Cody
I have some Loofa's in my Cupboard waiting their Turn, to become Blanks.

After seeing Curtis's Cholla Cactus Blanks several years ago, and given the fact that we do not have Cholla Cactus "Down Under". I decided that a Loofa was about as close as I would be able to get.

So I purchased some Loofa's.(I am just not game enough to steal them from SWMBO.)

Congratulations on your Brave and Possibly Foolish Actions, as well as your Blank,
I Love your Colour Choice, it suits the Loofa Perfectly.

Excellent Fit and Finish, and Wishing you a Speedy and Full Recovery.
Brian.

Last edited:

keithbyrd

Please read the following article and just tell your wife you were protecting her:
If you use a loofah to get clean, it may be time to rethink your shower routine.

That spongy, handheld scrubber meant to exfoliate and lather suds around your naked body is actually the perfect home for bacteria. A 1994 study published in the Journal of Clinical Microbiology showed that the popular beauty accessory — and we're talking the kind made from actual cucumbers, not plastic mesh — can host and transmit pseudomonas aeruginosa, a bacterium that can cause disease in animals.

"Loofahs are hygienic to start out with," Esther Angert, Ph.D., associate professor in the department of microbiology at Cornell University, tells The Huffington Post. "It's how they are maintained that will affect their longevity."

Your loofah scrubs dead skin cells off of your body, which "get caught in all of the nooks and crannies of the fibrous matrix of the loofah," she explains. When you're done scrubbing, chances are you leave the loofah in the bathroom until its next use. This is the opportune moment for bacteria to cultivate. "The shower environment is a nice, humid environment — there's not a lot of air circulation, and it's a great place for bacteria to hang out," she says. The bacteria eat any organic matter — like those discarded skin cells — left behind in the loofah.

Every time the loofah gets wet and does not dry properly, the organisms grow and grow. "You spread the bacteria that you washed off your body the last time,"Dr. Michele Green, M.D., New York-based board-certified dermatologist, tells HuffPost. "The loofah is spreading yesterday's dirt back on your body." When you're sloshing that lavender-scented body wash all over yourself to get clean, you're really scrubbing with lavender-scented bacteria.

Under the right conditions, this bacteria can lead to scary stuff, like staphylococcus — better known as a staph infection. While your skin is a really resilient organ that has the capacity to protect you from a lot of germs, your pores and any open wounds or scabs are more vulnerable to the bacteria, Angert says. If you have open cuts and are "too aggressive with the loofah," you may further damage the skin barrier and may be "forcing the particles into a wound," Dr. Jessica Krant, M.D., board-certified New York City dermatologist and founder of Art of Dermatology LLC, tells HuffPost.

Top Bottom