Executive Wood CA Finish

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from TonyL

TonyL

Made this last night for a female colleague.

Used EZ Bond CA thin and medium with P2-10 accerlerator..about 15 coats total.

Sanded dry to 800 grit, reverse at 400 rpms, 4 stage buffing wheels, Meguires 205, then Rejex.

I gave up on the light box...using the Big Light Box in the Sky :)

Questions, comments, criticisms all cheerfully received.

I will say, for an inexpensive kit or any kit for that matter, I like the mechanism and feel. I have made close to 15 without any mechanical failures.

I don't know what type of wood this is, but it was inexpensive.

Attachments

• Executive Wood CA Finish.jpg
    Executive Wood CA Finish.jpg
    212.2 KB · Views: 240
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

dthayer

That's a great finish on that, Tony. I have yet to try a CA finish but I can see I'm going to have to. (I think it will have to wait until I get a good respirator, though! :doctor: :wink:)

TonyL

I never thought about a gel refill for them. Thanks for the comments and idea.

Dirk. I bought a 3M MSA mask from Amazon. I think it was $26. I don't smell any CA or anything with it on. I don't know if that means that it is an effective filter, but I am happy with it. If you search on my threads or any others on the topic, it is one of the ones mentioned. Of course, asking the question again, may produce some other responses, better technology, alternatives, etc...

I don't have a sensitivity to CA, so I may not be the best judge.

vakmere

That's a long pen. What ever the wood is it matches well. And the light box? Free....

hcpens

Tony, thanks for taking the time to show us your pens and discuss you finishing methods, you do very good job, if not professional work.

campzeke

Great looking pen Tony! I am sure the new owner will get a lot of fine use out of it. I really like the Executive kit too. To me, it is a very classy yet simple design that shows off whatever material is used.

TonyL

Thank you. If we don't share what we "know" - successes and failures and open ourselves to the feedback of others, this becomes primarily male dating site for guys who like pens. LOL :). "Not that there us anything wrong with that." Seinfeld

TonyL

Light Box. I have a light box that I use for photos (poorly use). So I took the picture outdoors.

Top Bottom