Executive pen with a cross

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Neededwill

Neededwill

One of my employees asked me if I could make a pen with a cross. So after researching blanks and kits I decided to make my own blank.

So it is Gabon Ebony with a cross made from a white laundry detergent bottle and I used soda can to simulate the sun reflection if the sun was in the left upper position.

It is on an executive twist pen. This was fun to make and my employee loves it.

View in Gallery

View in Gallery

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

Very nice !! How did you cut the blank to insert the cross ? Seems kinda tricky and I can't figure it out just at the moment. I know you used a plastic detergent bottle as the material. Did you cut the blank lengthwise ? And the "horizontal" part of the cross ... how did you insert it ... it doesn't go all the way around (nor should it ! :) )

Neededwill

I first drilled the hole. Then I drew my line down the blank by center of top hole to center of bottom hole. This gave me my center line as a guide for my vertical line. I then used my Dremel with a cutting circular blade and cut down till the hole drilled. Inserted my white plastic with soda can and ca glue. Let dry then cut my horizontal down to the drilled hole and inserted the white plastic and soda can with ca. Let dry then ran my drill bit through the hole again to clear the path for my brass tube. Then turned till desired size.

View in Gallery

View in Gallery

View in Gallery

Neededwill

And my center line is a little crooked because no matter if I drill on the lathe or drill press it seems to travel left. I have tried new bits with no luck so I have just adapted to it.

Jim15

I first drilled the hole. Then I drew my line down the blank by center of top hole to center of bottom hole. This gave me my center line as a guide for my vertical line. I then used my Dremel with a cutting circular blade and cut down till the hole drilled. Inserted my white plastic with soda can and ca glue. Let dry then cut my horizontal down to the drilled hole and inserted the white plastic and soda can with ca. Let dry then ran my drill bit through the hole again to clear the path for my brass tube. Then turned till desired size.

View in Gallery

View in Gallery

View in Gallery

Thanks for sharing your method.

Top Bottom