Executive 8 color cross wrap

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Dale Lynch

Dale Lynch

Hi fellas,I finally got some Fuji ultra poly nocp wrapping thread to work with.I used red,purple,yellow,neon green,light blue,orange,med blue,and black.I did a supernova pattern in all but black.To close the wrap I did a inverted star pattern using black,red,purple orange and neon green.I put it all on a black ti executive ballpoint.The black looks painted on which is cool and provides a perfect contrast.

What do you think?Thanks for looking.
DSCF4402.jpg

DSCF4403.jpg

DSCF4404.jpg

DSCF4405.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

junosdad

Very nice...as a novice rod builder, I can appreciate the time involved in the intricate wraps...beautifully done.

I recall you mentioning your process previously, but can't find the thread....after the wrap, are you layering epoxy over the wraps to build up enough to finish, or are you casting in acrylic?

Thanks in advance for the reminder,
Sam

Dale Lynch

Dale, I Hardly Understood Anything that you Wrote.
But I Love the Wrapped Pen, You Produced, and can Appreciate the Skill, and Patience that it Took to Manufacture.
It is Uniquely Magnificent.
Congratulations,
Brian.

That's OK Brain,I hardly undurstand anything I write either.

Very nice...as a novice rod builder, I can appreciate the time involved in the intricate wraps...beautifully done.

I recall you mentioning your process previously, but can't find the thread....after the wrap, are you layering epoxy over the wraps to build up enough to finish, or are you casting in acrylic?

Thanks in advance for the reminder,
Sam

This particular one I used ex.cure thin CA to set the thread then I layered about a dozen generuos coats of thin flex CA with heptane accelerator.

Bob Wemm

That is totally amazing. I cannot begin to imagine how it is done, but you have certainly excelled in this one.
A wonderful pen for sure.
I think it should be in the IAP Collection.
Congratulations,

Bob

stuckinohio

I love that pattern. Quilters would love it too. It resembles quilts I have seen. I'm traditional about colors so the colors don't do it for me, but everything else is awesome!

Dale Lynch

That is totally amazing. I cannot begin to imagine how it is done, but you have certainly excelled in this one.
A wonderful pen for sure.
I think it should be in the IAP Collection.
Congratulations,

Bob

Part of the collection,really?Thanks Bob.I'd be stoked if it was front page worthy.

I love that pattern. Quilters would love it too. It resembles quilts I have seen. I'm traditional about colors so the colors don't do it for me, but everything else is awesome!

I had just gotten all yhe fancy new colors in the mail and had to taste the rainbow,so to speak.When I got the first part done nefore adding the black I thought it looked like one of those fancy jeweled broaches.I can see the quilting pattern after it was all done.Thanks Lewis.

Top Bottom