Exceptional African Blackwood Burl Aero in Black Ti!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from CharlesH

CharlesH

Hey guys,

I just don't have any time since I started my Master degree. Here is one I turned, I could not wait. I finally got my hands on that GORGEOUS wood.

African Blackwood Burl!!! :cat:

I really had a hard time taking pictures, no tripod, it's dark, the burl eyes are really tiny but I think I did capture some of the wood beauty. :)

So here is it, first side

And second

Finished on the lathe, first side

Finished on the lathe, second side

On the lathe sanded with acetone applied prior CA finish

While turning

This summer when I turned the blank round

Thanks for watching,

Charles

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

phillywood

Charles, that;s very nice looking pen. I love the way pic.s zoom in, I don't know if you have looked at this pic form the left starting going to the right:
Finished on the lathe, second side

first you see a pic. of a skull of an animal at a 45 Deg left and then you can see sharp eyes of a cat like looking at you from behind a whole and then other cats next to it. it looks pretty wild though. on the very far right you can see eyes of a woolf in redish color, yo ushould be able to get nice price for this. Especially for the Haloween. give it a try you never know.

Last edited:

aggromere

Wow, the wood is outstanding and the finish (sigh) well I wish I could finish pens like that. Amazing all the way around. I've ordered some blackwood from Robb thinking it would be nice, but had no idea it was that beautiful. Thanks for the pics.

Top Bottom