Everything as a beginning

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from arioux

Status
Not open for further replies.

arioux

Well, finally get my hand on my camera, brother in law had it for 6 months. This one was turned 2 month ago, i show ir because it was my first non slim line pen and my first non PPP finish.

Kit is PSI PK-MONT
Wood is cocobolo
Finish is padding lacquer, applied on the lathe

Comment and critiques are more than welcome, i learn from you guys so critique yourself:D[}:)]. Seriously, critiques are the best way to increase your skills. By the way, thanks to all of you that post tricks and how too, it is very appreciated by beginners like me. A special thanks to Russ Fairfield, because it started turning after i found his site by mistake. So Russ this one is for you.

200632822449_cocobolo1.jpg

Alfred

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mrcook4570

Looks good. You may want to set it out in sunlight for a few days to uniformly darken (unless it is just an effect of the photo that I am seeing).

gerryr

Looks like you did a nice job. The finish looks very nice. How does it hold up to handling? It does appear that the wood is a little proud of the nib, but that could just be the photo. Did you use a tripod for the photo? It looks just a bit out of focus, but brothers-in-law who borrow cameras for 6 months have been know to make them out of focus.[:D]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom