Everyday Carry

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from WalkOn

WalkOn

I'm not thrilled with some of the pens I've made. Balance is off, blank didn't come out right, or for a hundred other reasons. Anyway, I wanted to make one for myself and wanted it to be simple, yet interesting to look at, and that it felt right in my hand. Decided on: CSUSA Artisan SoftGrip/Rhodium, in Koa and a manzanita center ring/CA finish. The wood is from Rocky B., very nice stuff –Thanks Rocky. Note: the center ring and the lower tube are all glued together, so no spinning piece of metal between barrels.

The hard part was trying to photograph it, the Koa has that golden iridescent quality to it, looks great, but hard to capture in a picture.

I'm happy with the pen, it wasn't expensive and it fits my needs. C&C welcome.

Kev

Attachments

• KOA 1.jpg
    KOA 1.jpg
    257.9 KB · Views: 245
  • KOA 2.jpg
    KOA 2.jpg
    206.9 KB · Views: 234
  • KOA 3.jpg
    KOA 3.jpg
    144.5 KB · Views: 190
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

CREID

It's interesting that you said you were not happy with some of the pens you have made. I don't seem to be happy with many I have made. I know I have been too critical sometimes, and the people I have gave them too have been extremely happy. At least that's what they say. :eek:
Curt

PenPal

Kev great carry mate I was priviliged many years ago on recommendation bought blanks from Rocky B Desert Ironwood etc beautiful timber. Our Peso has died in the bum again to less than 70 cents in the US dollar any more will have to wait.Thanks for showing.

Peter.

WalkOn

Thanks Folks!

Thanks for all the nice comments, likes, etc., I really appreciate it. I was thinking that most folks wouldn't care too much for a 7mm cross style pen, just goes to show you.

Got to say, I must have taken 50 pictures of that pen and still don't think I got it right, it looks nicer than the pics. While I've read all the photo threads on IAP, and my camera's instruction book, I still stink. Thinking I might take one of those night classes at our local Tech school.

TurtleTom – the Ruger is nice, but might look odd in my shirt pocket.

Krash – Like the bark pen, very cool indeed.

CREID – I'm kinda over critical of my stuff, as well. Also takes me longer to make a pen than most. Deal is, when I do sell stuff I'm often surprised at what others like, so I guess it all comes down to a matter of taste.

PenPal – Sorry to hear about "the Peso dying in the bum", at least I think so. But hang in there my friend you'll be back on top soon.

Thanks again to all,

Kev

Top Bottom