Ever seen one of these ?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ldb2000

ldb2000

I've looked around and have seen a few modified cigar pens but none this modified :biggrin:
This is a (semi)Kitless Cigar pen . I made this using a transmission/coupler and finial coupler/tube assy from a broken cigar pen and 2 10mm tubes , and some Storm Blue and White Linen Corian . This my first attempt at a (semi)Kitless Cigar pen . It uses a Parker type refill . It was a blast trying to keep the look of a cigar pen without the rest of a kit .

1_kitless_cigar.jpg

As always , comments welcome .

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ldb2000

Thank you everyone for the kind words . :)
Rob , as my father said to me and I now say to my boys ...."Don't try....DO! " , meaning never set out to just try to do something , set out to Do something and you can Do anything . :wink:
Joe , you have raised the bar so high I can't even reach it , let alone raise it . So I'm just stepping around it a little . :biggrin:

Skye

Didnt remind me of a cigar pen at at all, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. Once again, one of the better corian pens I've seen. You're determined to use that stock, aint ya?

You have thick scraps of this? I've never had anything thicker than 1/2" or so.

workinforwood

I have seen something similar I think, but it was a bullet pen. I really like what you've done with this pen, I like the clip assembly, the step up barrel, the nib..the segmentation and the color combo..I guess there's nothing more to like ! The lack of metal is a nice site.

I fizzled my corian box to nothingness. I wish Elody would sell more, especially orange.

redfishsc

Very cool! I love the color combinations.

Didnt remind me of a cigar pen at at all, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. Once again, one of the better corian pens I've seen. You're determined to use that stock, aint ya?

You have thick scraps of this? I've never had anything thicker than 1/2" or so.

Skye, if you happen to run across a shop that will give you free scraps, you might also be able to talk them into gluing up some blanks for you with their color-matched epoxy--- may cost you a few corian slimlines, but it's worth it. Their epoxy is extraordinarily expensive, but the color is a dead match and it holds the joint A LOT STRONGER than any CA glue we have, and probably stronger than our standard epoxys. Plus, no glue lines.

Top Bottom