Ever seen a 5 shot .300 win mag?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Fangar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fangar

Me either... But here are some casing pens I finished up for an order. Back to work this afternoon bye the way! :(

Red and Brown Mallee Burl, with CA finish over the wood. PC casings and bands.

Note: The fine scratches on the casings are not so evident under normal light. That has been one of my issues with the PC bye the way, it is like adding a CA finish to a not so polished blank. It maginfies everything. My experiences have lead me to not polish the casings as highly. I Leave them a little more brushed than mirror. Makes them look right when PC'd.

All comments always welcome!

300s.jpg

Fangar

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Fangar

That is the Flat Top American clip and cap. I hate the kit, but love the look of the cap and clip. I am going to start making my own to save the 4.50 since I just use those parts and toss the kit into my scrap parts pile.

Thanks for the kind words,

Fangar

C_Ludwigsen

I was thinking my Remington 700 Sendero (in 300WM) was 5 shot (4+1), but as I think about it, it might be 3+1. I might have to double check that.

Oh, nice pens too.

Fangar

Thanks for all the nice comments. Hopefully, I get some more orders for some OTHER styles soon. I am getting a little tired of the casings for a while. (Too much work).

melogic, there are 2 that are engraved. One is a name, and the other is a nickname and badge number of a SGT that is retiring.

Thanks again,

Fangar

Fangar

Originally posted by Darley
<br />Great looking pens 1 question how did you cut the shell for the upper barrel?

Darley,

I use a steel chop saw with a built in clap. They come out real rough. I do about 20+ at a a time. Then I thin CA glue them, clean side down, to a nice flat block of wood and sand them to the same thickness on a belt sander. Works well. Then the small bands are buff polished and powdercoated along with the casings.

Cheers,

Fangar

Darley

Originally posted by Fangar
<br />
<br />Great looking pens 1 question how did you cut the shell for the upper barrel?

Darley,

I use a steel chop saw with a built in clap. They come out real rough. I do about 20+ at a a time. Then I thin CA glue them, clean side down, to a nice flat block of wood and sand them to the same thickness on a belt sander. Works well. Then the small bands are buff polished and powdercoated along with the casings.

Cheers,

Fangar

Thanks Fangar, but what is a chop saw with a build in clap ? do you have a photo of this saw to show me? do you powder coat the casing yourself or you use a professional to do it for you

Fangar

Thanks Fangar, but what is a chop saw with a build in clap ? do you have a photo of this saw to show me? do you powder coat the casing yourself or you use a professional to do it for you

Sorry bout that Darley, I meant to type "Clamp". It is a steel cutting saw that is made for tubing and metal stock. Here is an example of one:

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=44829

I powdercoat the casings myself. Really very easy.

Fangar

Darley

Originally posted by Fangar
<br />

Sorry bout that Darley, I meant to type "Clamp". It is a steel cutting saw that is made for tubing and metal stock. Here is an example of one:

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=44829

I powdercoat the casings myself. Really very easy.

Fangar

Thanks Fangar, I got a small angler grinder mounted on stand, and will do the job I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom