Even PR can surprise you

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Draken

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draken

Here's a cigar in black titanium with home brew PR. The blanks had a lot more blue to them that the finished pen. The blank in front of the pen is the exact same that I used for the pen. Just like wood, even PR can surprise you once you turn it.
2006327173251_0021CigarBlackTiPRScaleCrop.jpg

All comments welcome, if you are so inclined.

Cheers,
Draken

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Draken

It is blue transparent dye, and blue/red irridescent powder. Most of what is left in the finished pen is the blue/red irridescent powder. May have to triple up on the dye if I want it to retain some of the blue.

Good seeing you and Michael at the Woodworking Show on Saturday. Sorry I missed Lou. There were some great things on display there, wish I could have walked out with one of those laser engravers.

Cheers,
Draken

JimGo

Huh, interesting result. I wonder why the dye migrated to the outside of the blank.

I agree about the laser engraver!

Draken

I dont' think it migrated, but is an effect of its transparancy. There more there is (wall thickness) the more you'll see of it. Since the walls are quite thin, there isn't enought left to project the desired color. Perhaps changing the concentration of the dye to PR would result in better coloration of the finished project. We can always try some things out if we get together for a casting party when it warms up.

Cheers,
Draken

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom