European Beech Vertex

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from longbeard

longbeard

Got this piece of spotted european beech from a member on another forum. This stuff turns and polishes very well. I normally do a ca finish but decided to use Hut PPP polish and buffed it.
Its a Gun Metal Vertex click, this is the 3rd or 4th vertex click that i've done and they work very well, easy to assemble, and shows off your blank. C & C welcome. Thanks for lookin :biggrin:
Before
041.jpg
During
042.jpg
046.jpg
After
060.jpg
056.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SDB777

Your lathe is way to clean:wink:

Interesting timber. The grain structure looks pretty porous(or maybe the photo is throwing me off a bit).... And the longer blank certainly shows off the timber better.....well done!!!

Scott (nice finish too) B

longbeard

Your lathe is way to clean:wink:

Interesting timber. The grain structure looks pretty porous(or maybe the photo is throwing me off a bit).... And the longer blank certainly shows off the timber better.....well done!!!

Scott (nice finish too) B

Funny you say that, it drives me nuts.
I vacum after every blank, and before i do a finish.
I really need to just make a jig to hold the end of my vacum hose at my lathe, if only i had the time:rolleyes:
as for the grain, it was chippy sorta while i was skinnin it, although it did peel nice

Last edited:

healeydays

Harry,

I like the additional pictures you posted on this site. If anyone wants to try some. I might have a couple pen blanks worth I might be willing to sell.

Mike B

longbeard

Harry,

I like the additional pictures you posted on this site. If anyone wants to try some. I might have a couple pen blanks worth I might be willing to sell.

Mike B

Thanks Mike
I can post bigger pics here, but cant over at WB. :rolleyes:
and for anybody who has not turned any of these, you should.
Very nice wood. :biggrin:

Top Bottom