Euro RT Premium

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from rd_ab_penman

rd_ab_penman

8mm twist ballpoint with Gold plating and Curly Bubinga. Finished with Minwax Satin Polyurethane.
As always comments and suggestions welcome.
Thanks for looking.

gold8mmeuropremiumtwistnv6.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
It's a NICE looking pen, Les.

But that is the oddest color for bubinga that I have seen.
(the gold on the metal is the right color, so it's not likely to be your lighting - not trying to slam your photography)

DurocShark

That is some amazing grain. As to the color, don't count on a shiny metal to give you a reference point. This was just by applying "auto levels" in Photoshop:

Attachments

• rd_ad_penman.jpg
    rd_ad_penman.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 123

DurocShark

The Photoshop "auto levels" don't show the true color, look like it has a pink tint??

I agree. I was just making a point that shiny metal is a poor reference point. The gold is very close in both images, but the wood is much warmer in the one I "processed".

rd_ab_penman

I agree. I was just making a point that shiny metal is a poor reference point. The gold is very close in both images, but the wood is much warmer in the one I "processed".

Sorry. I don't get your point that the shiny metal is a poor reference point.
To me the reference point is the whole pen.
I don't see why you would need to "Doctor" up your photos and hide the true color of the wood, finish and fittings.

DurocShark

Sorry. I don't get your point that the shiny metal is a poor reference point.
To me the reference point is the whole pen.
I don't see why you would need to "Doctor" up your photos and hide the true color of the wood, finish and fittings.

It was a comment to the post that "The gold looks right" and I was showing that it's easy for the gold to still "look right" by itself, when not comparing side by side, and still get a different color for the rest of the image.

I can get drastically different looks with the gold still "looking right" between my calibrated monitor and my non-calibrated monitor (factory settings both on vid card and on monitor).

That's all. I wasn't suggesting that the OP's photo was doctored or anything like that. I just happened to have Photoshop up and running at that moment so thought I'd do a quick test.

Top Bottom