Euro and Perfume Dabber Gift Set

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from KDM

KDM

I'm really really pleased with these. (You might be able to tell this from the number of photos.) These are a Euro pen and a perfume dabber in a home made polyester resin cast.

The PR was made by pouring some strips of pink PR onto a silicone baking sheet and letting them cure. This gave me some long thing strips, which I twisted and cast into some PR colooured with pink mica powders.

Here's a YouTube video of the blanks before drilling for the tubes.

KDM

England Flag in PR on European

Oh, yeah. It wouldn't have been right to make a pen for my sister and not one for my brother in law. So, here's his with St. George Cross...

I've started buffing rather than using MM. I sand with 600 then 1000, then buff. This white PR was very difficult to buff. It's like little tiny particles of heavens knows what get stuck (really hard) to the plastice diring buffing.

Anyone got any clues what this might be?

KDM

Excellent. Thanks to PR_Princess, I just learned how to embed the vid!!

[yt]grEfFhwx59E[/yt]

For the first half, the top one's (obvuously) straight out of the mould. The bottom one's roughed round. From about 16s onwards, tehy swap locations. The bottom one has been polished and shifted to the top. The top one has been roughed round and shifted to the bottom. It is believed that this continuity error was due to a (surprisingly) small quantity of beer.

Last edited:
Top Bottom