Euro for my dad to give to my sister in law.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from mredburn

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
I sometimes need to make a pen for someone my dad promises one to.:cool:
He doesnt promise them a silver one and wants just a basic pen to give to them.

My youngest brother sent him some wood from Michigan and in return my dad wants to give him and his wife a pen. Im sending the maple/walnut scallop pen I made and showed much earlier to my brother. I finally got around to making a pen for his wife. Its an 8mm tube Euro with a Private reserve refill. The blank is From Exotics, the kit from PSI.
Now I normally dont do Kit pens but on occasion its a quick way out. I actually made a kit pen in 2010. Oooops :redface:sorry Roy, Component pen!
I use these kits primarily for the tranny, tubes, and coupler. I throw the rest of the parts off to the side or out. I have since went to a different 8mm tube kit that is cheaper than these by a couple of dollars each.

Any way here is my Component pen for this year.
sues%2520pen%25205.jpg

sues%2520pen%25204.jpg

sues%2520pen%25201.NEF.jpg

Comments and critiques welcome.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PTownSubbie

What Mike....30 views and no comments?!? Guess it is not your normal work that draws the crowds....

So to make sure you keep making those kind of pens....I will be the first to say....

Nice Pen....Maybe you can step it up next time? LOL!:rolleyes:

For those that can't sense it....that was all sarcasm!

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Dont worry about them Fred, Im Laughing about it! As pens go it is rather .....un-spectacular.

It is rather unusual for me to be able to finish a pen in the same day I started it.

76winger

Nice looking pen!
The style looks very much like the PSI Premium Designers I've made (8mm tubes and no tenon version, so the band just slides on like a slimline). I think the swirls in the blank you used really gives it some character as well.

Ambidex

and on occasion...it's a way in for us newbies..I guess I still don't understand the mostly overt, yet overstated snottyness towards us kit makers..or did I miss the boat on how we all started making the most difficult pens from the start? Not being difficult or argumentive but sometimes people here forget where they started..sure I made some friends in this post..:rolleyes:

OKLAHOMAN

Ok who's this imposter , using Mikes IAP handel, making component sets ? He did a good job whoever he is but I know it's not Mike.....no silver clip.

Top Bottom