euro metal from the "resonator"

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from altaciii

altaciii

I've had this metal blank and a few others for some time but have had reservations on turning them. I decided to get brave tonight and turned a black titanium Euro. The blank came from Ed4copies and turned quite nicely. polished to 12k mm and finished with two coats of ren wax. I was a little perplexed about what plating to use but went with my old faithful because I feel that anything looks good with the black ti. All comment welcome, good and bad. As usual, thanks for looking.

Attachments

• putereuro8.JPG
    putereuro8.JPG
    73.9 KB · Views: 217
  • putereuro9.JPG
    putereuro9.JPG
    98.1 KB · Views: 233
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

chriselle

Alex, that looks great! I have a couple of those blanks but haven't turned them yet. I can't tell by the picture but let me know if you are getting any of the tube showing through.

altaciii

Super looking. I'm curious, how does that feel in the hand, it LOOKS like it would be heavy, but hows it feel?

Steve

Steve, Ed's metals are actually plastic resin. They have an amazing shine that the camera simply does not capture. The pen is well balanced and feels a whole lot lighter than it looks.

Tn-Steve

Steve, Ed's metals are actually plastic resin. They have an amazing shine that the camera simply does not capture. The pen is well balanced and feels a whole lot lighter than it looks.
AH... it's not like some of them that I've seen that seem to be a sinthered metal with just enough resin to hold it together. I may have to check them out. (which means that I'm headed there right now :wink:)

Steve

altaciii

Alex, that looks great! I have a couple of those blanks but haven't turned them yet. I can't tell by the picture but let me know if you are getting any of the tube showing through.

Chris,
That was one of the reasons I held out so long to turn one but my fears were unfounded. The blank has enough metal color there is no tube reflection showing through. The blank is so good, it makes me think that Ed is just taking the credit for dawns work.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
These blanks are imported, guys.

But they ARE Polyresin, I am pretty confident. AND, the silver CAN need silver tubes. At the nib end, if it gets thin, you CAN see through (while taking photos under 300 watts of light.) I have also had "comments" that the metallic look is not always perfect - this is also correct - you can get "dimples" in some blanks.

We try to tell the truth. IF you get them and DON'T LIKE them, call us, we will take them back.

Thanks again for all the positive comments - We appreciate your business.

Top Bottom