Euro experiment

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Giospro

Giospro

I just did this one the other day to see what it would look like with out the center band-Wood i think was cocobolo? but not sure, it was in with my cocobolo blanks, Myland Friction Polish (Like the feel of the wood) .

Attachments

• Euro Pen 001.jpg
    Euro Pen 001.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 175
  • Euro Pen 004.jpg
    Euro Pen 004.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 158
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Russianwolf

Maybe it's me, but the lower barrel seems too small at the centerband junction. Otherwise very nice "experiment".

The wood looks more like Cochinchin Rosewood than Cocobolo. If it is Coco, then it's a really plain piece.

Giospro

i have the lower barrel go inside the upper barrel about .250, thinkness on the upper barrel is about .0781 , the next one i'll go little bit thinner.
Thanks for the input.

akbar24601

I think it's a cool look, definitely a worthy experiment. I do have to agree with Mike though.

Perhaps another thing you may want to try is to segment a different species on the lower part of the upper barrell in place of the centerband. Just a thought :)

jkeithrussell

I think it's a cool look, definitely a worthy experiment. I do have to agree with Mike though.

Perhaps another thing you may want to try is to segment a different species on the lower part of the upper barrell in place of the centerband. Just a thought :)

Or even a different type of material like Tru-Stone or Corian.

igran7

Good experiment. I love the Euro pen, but hate the metal centerband. I can't remember the last time I made one with the supplied metal centerband.

I like the direction you are going with this. It is very addicting, keep up the good work. I look forward to seeing some more of your Euro Mods.

Top Bottom