Eugene's Ivory with Cross

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from jedgerton

jedgerton

Eugene's Ivory with Cross - with Gift Box

I turned this one as a gift for our assistant Rector who will be ordained into the ministry next week. Comments are certainly welcome and I am looking for some advice. Would you have this pen engraved? I certainly intended to but upon finishing it, I really like it's simple elegance. Let me know your thoughts!

100B0910.JPG

100B0972.JPG

Note: Lots of good advice, here is a pen box purchased from Kallenshaan Woods (thanks Ken).

I believe the cross is made of flame box elder.

John

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Pen Maker

You've made some really nice writing instruments John, This one is unique enough that the owner would know it even without engraving!

GreyGreen

Really beautiful pen! I love the simplicity of it. I can't say I'd engrave it at all...at least, not in a way that was conspicuous.

hebertjo

If you wanted to get it engraved maybe just do his initials. Just Initials seems more elegant and less offensive to me. But it is great as it is.

sefali

Another vote for no inscription. The simple elegance of this pen is the first thing that strikes you. Sometimes less is more, and this pen is a perfect example.

jedgerton

Thanks for all of the kind comments. I ordered an engraved box today and I'm leaving the pen as is. Let's just hope the post office will come through with the goods by next Tuesday.

John

ElMostro

I just saw this one an all I can say is WOW! The different shades of the flame box elder cross really make it unique. Great job.
Eugene.

JohnU

Im thinking I like the clean look of elegance. Engraving the body might take away from it. I like the ideas above about the date or initials. Ever thought of putting them on the clip or top of the cap...

VisExp

I like the pen for it's elegant simplicity. I would not engrave it, it looks stunning as is. Maybe get a nice pen box for it and have that engraved.

GouletPens

I'm with Steve and Keith.....put it in a nice box and engrave the box. If you engrave the ivory, then you'll have to backfill or you won't even see it, then it's REALLY going to stand out and take away from the design....go for the box.

SherryD

Nice work. You have already sent it out but I would vote for engraving and color filling. Alumilite engraves very well and color fills easily. With this light colored pen a script would look stunning. I would engrave on the back side and the top. There is no honor in places where you think it should be...what I am trying to say here is that I have had two customers back to engrave the new pens to replace the the two pens that were taken. If they are engraved it is far less likely the pens will get legs and walk off.

Top Bottom