Etched Rat !! Thanks Brad !!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from skiprat

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Check this out !!! :eek: Our resident chemical junkie, Brad ( and my newest bestest buddy !! ) made this way too cool pen for me!!:biggrin:

I absolutely love it and it has re-ignited my interest in having a go myself.
The detail is pin sharp. Hard to believe that you can get such sharpness without high tech CNC machinery.

Many, many thanks Brad. This wonderful creation will will take centre stage amongst my other Skiprat logoed stuff made by several great members here!!!

Thanks again, but remember that revenge is sweet!!:biggrin::tongue:

Attachments

• Picture 001.jpg
    Picture 001.jpg
    162.2 KB · Views: 484
  • Picture 002.jpg
    Picture 002.jpg
    185.5 KB · Views: 433
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BradG

you're welcome Steve :biggrin:

Constructing the logo from your avatar was a challenge to say the least. The images needed to be about four times the size of what you had, and obviously the moment i tried to enlarge it to that dimension the image blurred out through lack of pixel detail.

I then had to magnify into the image, as you can see by the eyes in the attached image, and manually go around each line with a rubber deleting the fuzzy bits which gave the appearance of blurriness. after that, i had to go over the whole thing again with a black pencil tool and colour all the pixels black one by one. simply cranking the contrast over wouldnt cut it. I spent ALOT of time getting that Rat into a usable condition lol :biggrin: It was a welcome sigh of relief when i finished designing the lid.

As you will have spotted theres a couple of flaws.. theres an small etched line running from the body up to the screw threads, and apologies for not including a refill :redface: I've ran out

Glad you like it mate

Brad

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    79.2 KB · Views: 184

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Hey Brad if you send me a pen I will send you refills! How about 2 for 1 trade. Great pen Brad.

Haynie

Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuttttttttttttttfull!!!!!

heh heh...he said buttfull..heh heh:rolleyes:

Looks like Skip's friendship comes with at a high price, but it can be bought. It is a good thing Brad used a rubber on the design. Always good to promote safer pen making.

Sorry folks. It is a bad joke morning. I will go back to the welding project now.

Really cool pen by the way

D.Oliver

Looks like the devil went down to wales again....must of been a double or nothing type of thing.:biggrin:

RetiredJake

I don't have adequate words to describe how awesome this pen is. I was absolutely blown away when I saw the detail in it.

Great work.

Do you need another good buddy?

Jake

Top Bottom