Etched, gold plated, stylus twist pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from BradG

BradG

Hi guys.
Here's my latest project. My mum asked for a stylus as she is getting an Ipad for christmas, so as its my Mum, i didnt want to make just a stylus.

I picked up a kit combining a stylus into a pen, and turned its body from brass.

The brass was then masked, and etched to depth with Ferric chloride

I then treated the piece with selenius acid, and Phosphoric acid to blacken the brass. Once done, the masking was removed, and then I 24ct gold plated the raised pieces using potassium cyanide.

Pen assembled, and viola... Hopefully one happy mother with a pen to cherish.

as always, thanks for looking . critque welcome

Attachments

• gold1.jpg
    gold1.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 297
  • gold2.jpg
    gold2.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 131
  • gold3.jpg
    gold3.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 175
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

D.Oliver

I hope you're an only child. If you're not, your siblings are going to be mad at you for making their gifts to mom so inferior! Great work, as always.

BradG

Thanks John, Derek, Chuck, - heres hoping she doesnt drop it on her Ipad screen lol. Derek, its one way of keeping my brother on his toes lol.

BradG

John if you were local i would gladly tutor you :biggrin:

Half chewing the idea of coming over to the states one year and doing a demo at one of the meets

Kretzky

Fabulous again Brad!
May I respectfully suggest that it could (imho) be improved upon with use of a more 'upmarket' kit. Something like the Elegant Beauty in Black Ti/ Ti Gold? I'm sure though that mum will be delighted with it.

BradG

kits are not all too easy to come by in the UK . seems if you areafter decent kits you would have to import them unless im missing a trick somewhere

Top Bottom