Etched and chrome plated kitless

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from BradG

BradG

Hey guys.

Not posted one in a while as ive been working on one pen in particular and thought id take a break from it to make this one

Turned from brass, etched, The backround i airbrushed in acrylic enamel, and then finally chrome plated it.

Double closed end kitless.

Still getting to grips with my new camera so apologies if the pics are not up to scratch :) i know they are a touch blurry, just need to sort my tripod out to eradicate that.

Anyways, thanks for looking!

Attachments

• etched.jpg
    etched.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 307
  • chrome pen.jpg
    chrome pen.jpg
    187.9 KB · Views: 248
  • closed.jpg
    closed.jpg
    190.3 KB · Views: 264
  • open.jpg
    open.jpg
    167.3 KB · Views: 265
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Sataro

Fantastic looking pen!!! Simply amazing, cannot even been to comprehend what went into making that pen.

BradG

if i could ever make something as cool as that, i would ask to do a pen trade!

Don't be humble Seamus your pens are fantastic :wink: Would gladly do a swap with you but lets hang fire until i have my own vinyl plotter and it will make a little bit of personalisation a touch easier.

I'm afaid that because of my extreme envy of you, we can't be freinds.:tongue::rolleyes:
:rolleyes: well i guess you wont want your xmas present then. haaa

Fantastic Brad !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Jim S
Thanks Jim

Fantastic looking pen!!! Simply amazing, cannot even been to comprehend what went into making that pen.
That would be about 9 hours, and a few mini tantrums .... one of which included shaking of both fists at the lathe shouting obscenities. Managed to save it though with a bit of creative thinking. If it had gone smoothly it owuld have been only 4 or 5 hours

Last edited:

thewishman

You can have a great plan or a great pen. If you have both, we would suspect you of having super powers, like XXX and XXX.

SPECIFIC NAMES HAVE BEEN REDACTED TO PROTECT THE MASSES, THE EDITOR.

Great pen, Brad!

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Looking good there Prof !!:biggrin: I like the shape of the nib too. Well done.
Seems to have been a little quiet from you recently..:confused: You been on another of your Mad Max hols again?

BradG

Thanks for the kind words Andy & Doug :)

Seems to have been a little quiet from you recently..:confused: You been on another of your Mad Max hols again?

Hi mate, I've been writing software for a little while, and working on one pen in particular... its challenging to say the least and very different. Im pretty sure it hasn't been done before and should spark alot of people wanting to give it a try as you dont need a metal lathe or chemicals, if one of the components are made and are available which i might consider doing. may have another crack at it this weekend.

no more hols until october now :mad:

Edit: the nib is off a gent pen kit. had one laying around and cheated :biggrin:

Last edited:

bluwolf

Brad, that is slick! The etching looks terrific. I like the treatment around the center band.

Mike

jttheclockman

Now this is what I like to hear. Something us mere mortals can give a try at. Your work is extremely well received and is a level above most of us here. Gearing up for work such as you do is not always possible. But if you now incorporate some of your techniques into something we all who have basic wood tools can try that would be great. Look forward to seing what challenges you present us with.

Thanks for the kind words Andy & Doug :)

Hi mate, I've been writing software for a little while, and working on one pen in particular... its challenging to say the least and very different. Im pretty sure it hasn't been done before and should spark alot of people wanting to give it a try as you dont need a metal lathe or chemicals, if one of the components are made and are available which i might consider doing. may have another crack at it this weekend.

no more hols until october now :mad:

Edit: the nib is off a gent pen kit. had one laying around and cheated :biggrin:

Top Bottom