EPR # 13, 14 and 15

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from YoYoSpin

Status
Not open for further replies.

YoYoSpin

Here's the first three pens from that boat-load batch of home brew polyester resin I posted a photo of last week. I'm liking this stuff more and more...Ed's Poly Resin (EPR):
MyResin14a.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

its_virgil

Nice looking resin, Ed. I love the stuff too, but mostly to embedd snake skins. I've done a few colors and to quote Jay Pickens, "It ain't rocket science." The more I do the more I learn about the stuff...how much dye, how much luster powder, how much pearlessence...Thanks for sharing.
Do a good turn daily!
Don
Originally posted by YoYoSpin
<br />Here's the first three pens from that boat-load batch of home brew polyester resin I posted a photo of last week. I'm liking this stuff more and more...Ed's Poly Resin (EPR):
MyResin14a.jpg

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
I think you're well along the road to mastery. I imagine we'll be seeing lots more of EPR as time moves on...to the dismay of the mass-producers. Beautiful pens, Ed.

wicook

Very nice, Ed. You've done great work both with the EPR and with the design.

Do you cut the lower barrels a bit longer than spec? I noticed that the nibs seem to be a bit less than mine usually do.

Ben

Originally posted by YoYoSpin
<br />Here's the first three pens from that boat-load batch of home brew polyester resin I posted a photo of last week. I'm liking this stuff more and more...Ed's Poly Resin (EPR):

Ed,
Do you wish to sell or possibly trade any of these amazing blanks! If you are interested in letting a few of them go ( maybe a grab bag of your choice of colors) please e-mail me and let me know... I enjoy your designs more and more each day! I've said it before and I'll say it again, you inspire me beyond any other penturner out there! Thanks ...

Ben
bchavez@unr.edu

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Nice work, Ed!!

I expect all three colors will sell well, but green & purple are exceptionally popular.

How, do you find, people accept the ridges near the nib? It is a really nice LOOK, symetrical to the clip end, but is it well accepted?

Again, beautiful pens.

YoYoSpin

Ed,

These little beads on the nib ends are just part of my design evolution. If you'll check my photo album, I think you'll notice two things...most of my pens have shape (curves, coves and beads) and the design changes over time.

My thinking on these Cigar pens is...they are so big and heavy, that it's hard for the average person to hold them comfortably for extended periods. Thus the texture features on the nib-side. At first, it was a big cove for your fingers to slide onto; then groves cut into the wood followed by the addition of little rubber o-rings. Next, it was laminations and inlays to give the appearance of texture; and now its beads.

I hope that those who buy my stuff have come to expect something a little different. I'm always trying to deliver interesting and unusual designs that are also comfortable and functional. Time will tell on the acceptance question.

atvrules1

Beautiful Ed. I bet it was just like Christmas when you shut the lathe off and saw the first blank looking that good. I'm with Ben on this one, when you get ready to let a few of those blanks go, let people know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom