Environ pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from low_48

Status
Not open for further replies.

low_48

I forgot that I had this stuff. I've had this sample for close to 10 years. It's made from recycled paper, soy bean based resin, and other goodies. It has an interesting smell when turning. I've turned their wheat stalk based board which smells just like the wheat harvest, this stuff I don't know. Turns great, needs a finish.
http://www.environbiocomposites.com/environ.php
What I meant to say is that the board comes in the raw. This pen was sanded to 12000MM and then a friction finish.

Rich

2005123340_environpen.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Gary

You know, it looks pretty good! I don't know how well it will sell if you tell folks what it's made from. Maybe that's the answer to our landfill problems...make pens from your trash[:0].

PenWorks

Very nice Rich. The material is still available from CSU, comes in three or 4 colors. It looks different depending on how you finish or not. I like the white & black the best.

jwoodwright

Great Pen out of great material... Years ago there was a gray insulation board called Homostat. Recycled Newspaper... Was great as long as it didn't get wet. Also great for model railroad surface...[8D]

bajacrazy

Looks good Rich[8D]
Didn’t know of this material before.

Originally posted by jwoodwright
<br />Great Pen out of great material... Years ago there was a gray insulation board called Homostat. Recycled Newspaper... Was great as long as it didn't get wet. Also great for model railroad surface...[8D]
John, are you into model railroads as well.

Andy Ryan

You can still get homosote board, You just have to know ware to look for it. I occasioanlly pick it up for the MOW (Manintenance of way) for BR&W (Black River and Western rail road.[;)]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom