English elm burl

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from mick

mick

Sorry for the bad picture. Bragging on the wood not the picture. lol

image-2845172984.jpg

I'm headed out for a show tomorrow but wanted to snap a quick picture with my phone in case I sold the English Elm burl Jr in the middle. I bought several of these blanks some time ago from one of our members. This is the first one I've turned but after seeing how it turned out I wish I'd bought all he had!

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SDB777

Ever notice how the photo's with the phone cameras come out sideways.....:rolleyes:

That is a nice piece of timber, really like how the 'eyes' are a dark coloration against the rest of the blank!

Scott (might have to get one now) B

monophoto

Ever notice how the photo's with the phone cameras come out sideways../quote]

I know this sounds curmudgeonly, but people just don't seem to take pride in what they do anymore. Ball point pens led to the decline of handwriting. And cell phone cameras caused a similar decline in photography.

Handwriting can be neat, and pictures can be oriented correctly so that the viewer doesn't have to lie on his side to read them. The fact that these things DON'T happen is a matter of carelessness. Mike Holmes motto is "if your going to do it, do it right!" What's wrong with that? :frown:

Last edited:

RSidetrack

Ever notice how the photo's with the phone cameras come out sideways../quote]

I know this sounds curmudgeonly, but people just don't seem to take pride in what they do anymore. Ball point pens led to the decline of handwriting. And cell phone cameras caused a similar decline in photography.

Handwriting can be neat, and pictures can be oriented correctly so that the viewer doesn't have to lie on his side to read them. The fact that these things DON'T happen is a matter of carelessness. Mike Holmes motto is "if your going to do it, do it right!" What's wrong with that? :frown:
People are just in too much of a rush :rolleyes:

lyonsacc

Nice collection of pens. Really like the wood grain on a couple of them.

Wasn't aware there was a law about which way a pen must face in a picture :eek:!

Justturnin

I really think this is a ridiculous and petty post..... I could go on but I won't

The pens look great. I really like Elm Burl. I have a few stashed away from last year that I hope to turn someday......

Top Bottom