The End of the Rainbow....

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wizard

wizard

Made it this A.M. From Exotic Blanks, its another Jeff Powell blank called Pot of Gold. It's on a Rhodium Jr. Gentleman Rollerball. Had fun making it. Trying to get Graduation gifts made. I hope they like them. Comments welcome but most of all thanks for looking. Doc:)

Attachments

• Pot of Gold.jpg
    Pot of Gold.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 321
  • Pot of Gold_1.jpg
    Pot of Gold_1.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 168
  • Pot of Gold_2.jpg
    Pot of Gold_2.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 240
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wiset1

Really great work Doc! Can you tell us about the finish? Did you just micro sand with pads and polish or did you CA a couple layers?

wizard

Really great work Doc! Can you tell us about the finish? Did you just micro sand with pads and polish or did you CA a couple layers?
Tim, Thanks for the compliment. I just sanded to 600 grit, MM (wet) to 12000 grit followed by HUT plastic polish. The majority of the pen, if not all, is resin. Regards, Doc

wiset1

Thanks Doc, I wondered how Jeff did these. I thought he scrolled these out of wood, but if they are PR it makes me want to pick a couple up. He always has some amazing blanks to choose from and you do a great job turning and fitting them. I really want one of those Templar Cross blanks, but the wife put and end to my spending until we make it back to the U.S.

Were you able to turn one of those?

crabcreekind

Tim, Thanks for the compliment. I just sanded to 600 grit, MM (wet) to 12000 grit followed by HUT plastic polish. The majority of the pen, if not all, is resin. Regards, Doc

Wow nice pen, and that is exactly what i do for acrylics

JohnU

Nice work Doc! I have that exact blank on the table for my next project that the wife will end up with. I hope mine looks half as good as yours.

wizard

Thanks Doc, I wondered how Jeff did these. I thought he scrolled these out of wood, but if they are PR it makes me want to pick a couple up. He always has some amazing blanks to choose from and you do a great job turning and fitting them. I really want one of those Templar Cross blanks, but the wife put and end to my spending until we make it back to the U.S.

Tim, I have two of the Templar Crosses but haven't turned them so far. Hope to soon. Doc:)

wiset1

Tim, I have two of the Templar Crosses but haven't turned them so far. Hope to soon. Doc:)

Can't wait to see them Doc! I'm sure you got some with the great swirl in them and will do them justice. Also Jeff got in touch with me and brought me up to speed on the aluminite process, scroll work, and casting in a PM. So that for the info...love the pen!

wiset1

Posted twice....so, uhm...nice pen, ha ha ha

Last edited:
Top Bottom