Emu Feather....

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Darley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darley

Well as been a long time I did post a pen, now I would like to tell you that this casting as been done early last month but just have the chance to turn it, just a hand full of Emu Feathers and PR pressurised at 35 PSI, no little tiny bubles, I didn't press the feather so some gap are in the blank but show the feather better I recon, blank is drilled in light grey as well as the tube glued with epoxy, easy to turn but very spiky,sand to 600 grits then 1 coat of CA, thank for looking comments bad or good welcome.

20073264384_emu%20feather.jpg

200732643856_emu%20blanks.jpg

200732643926_Emu%20pen.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

CSue

Local Chapter Leader
Wow! [:0] really cool. I met an emu once. I'm sure he didn't miss any of those feathers. Love it!

Darley

Sorry to answer a bit late, I use gloss emanel paint on the tube and the drilled blank I did a light grey.

Originally posted by laspringer
<br />Great job.
That looks like the perfect kit for the feathers.
I used pheasant feathers and CA them to the tube,what a pain
I will try your method next time.

Alan

jjudge

Inspiring ... I've fought some guinea hen feathers and resin, but put it aside for a while.

This is inspiring me to get off my butt and finish that experiment :)

-- joe

Darley,
Cool Pen.. We don't have many Emu's in TN, but BIL in Houston had a couple in back of his car lot.. if you slaughter, have you tried the leg bone yet for a pen... someone on the site tried a deer leg bone, so why not an EMU.

RonRaymond

Originally posted by ozmandus
<br /> We don't have many Emu's in TN,

Actually Chuck, a few years ago a group of hikers were "attacked" by an emu on the Appalachian Trail near Newfound Gap. Park Rangers investigated and found tracks in the snow, but no emu. You know you're having a bad day if you're attacked by a large flightless bird in winter in the Smokies![:0]

Oh, and yes Darley...very nice pen!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom